Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REITs and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Based out of our Halifax of New Glasgow Office location, the Property Accountant is responsible for providing the financial management on a portfolio of commercial real estate properties. Additional duties of the Property Accountant include but are not limited to:
- Preparing monthly/quarterly financial statements, management reports and working papers in support of quarterly and annual regulatory filings and annual audit
- Assisting in the preparation of operating and fiscal budgets
- Reviewing accounting records and ensuring the accuracy of reported financial results
- Resolving account discrepancies
- Maintaining ledgers, preparing and posting journal entries
- Assisting in the preparation of annual tenant recoveries
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with operational field staff and other corporate departments
- Coordinating monthly property management meetings and providing accounting advice as required.
- Other tasks and special projects as assigned.
The profile we are looking for
Our ideal candidate would have two to five years of related experience in a professional environment with a post-secondary degree in Accounting; however, recent graduates are encouraged to apply. CPA, CMA or CA designation (completed or in progress) is considered an asset. Candidates should possess exceptional analytical, problem solving skills, and ability to manage a complex workload and prioritize appropriately with experience in Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience with real estate accounting software (CTI or Yardi) would be considered an asset.
All candidates must demonstrate professionalism and superior communication skills, both verbal and written, an interest and commitment to Environmental, Social, and (Corporate) Governance responsibilities is a must. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to develop and build relationships internally and externally as well as the ability to maintain confidential information.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia – Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Crombie offers flexible hybrid-work schedules and location, an onsite fitness facility, corporate discount rates and a fast-paced working environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Property Accountant
Crombie thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.