Communications Co-op Student
Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REITs and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Since 2014, Crombie has offered students with limited professional experience an opportunity to develop transferable skills and support their career goals while supporting organizational needs at the same time. As a member of the Communications & Marketing Team, the successful individual will be responsible for:
· Supporting website and social media content development and maintenance;
· Auditing our website and social media analytics and recommending next steps;
· Writing for an internal and external audience;
· Designing templates in the Microsoft business suite;
· Working with graphic design agencies as needed;
· Conducting daily media monitoring using third party tool(s) to produce summary reports for the organization, alert to potential issues, and ensure awareness of tenant, industry, peer, and competitor activity; and
· Advancing Tenant Relations efforts by supporting the development of a national tenant relations program, including executing Tenant Satisfaction Surveys
The profile we are looking for
To qualify for participation in the program a student must meet the following criteria:
• Enrolled full-time in an undergraduate program with a required co-op work term component:
• Able to arrive at job location in September and commit to 4 months full-time contract employment; and
• Clear criminal record check.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Communications Co-op Student
Crombie thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crombie’s commitment to workforce diversity is about creating an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging for everyone. We strive to foster a sense of belonging, trust, inclusion, and respect. We welcome applications from people with disabilities, and accommodations are available upon request during the recruitment and selection process, including, but not limited to, an accessible interview location, alternate documents, or an ASL Interpreter. If you require accommodation during the application process, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org.